Help with fonts
We often get questions about fonts, so we thought this little list of frequently asked questions might be helpful.
Where can I download fonts?
- You've come to the right place. Browse our main pages to download any of our over 20,000 free fonts.
How do I install a font?
- Browse for fonts on this site and select a font you like.
- Click "download" to download the font
- After the font is downloaded, run the installer
- At the end of the font installation, a folder will open up with the fonts you downloaded. You want to look for any "ttf" font files. In this folder you can typically also find the font licenses, if the font designer included them.
- Right-click on the font file (*.ttf) and select "Install" from the drop-down menu in Windows.
- Because of the way *most* Windows programs are written, you typically have to restart your applications to use the font inside the program.
How can I see which fonts I have installed?
- We recommend you use our free font manager, which will list all the fonts on your system.
Will you support fonts for the Mac?
- Mac is now fully supported, and the right file is automatically downloaded.
Can you help me identify a font?
- It's very hard to identify fonts from images or names unless someone happens to know the font in question. You could try asking others for help by leaving a note on the from page.